Saturday, July 24, 2010

practicing

Note to Self:

Sometimes you get really insecure about your faith.  I'm not sure why.  You believe in Jesus, but that doesn't mean you wear an acronym bracelet or decorate with lighthouses (because nothing says "I love God" like a large industrial building beckoning ships selling cheap plastic crap from China).   Sometimes you ask people if they are a "practicing Christian," as if faith requires a person to do some drills at the gym.  It's your identity.  It's your world view.  A person would never say, "I'm an American, but I'm not really practicing.  You know, I basically just barbecue on Memorial Day and blow shit up on the Fourth of July and sometimes I wear a WWJD? bracelet (What Would Jefferson Do?)  Beyond that, I don't really practice my American identity."

Sincerely:
John

No comments:

Post a Comment